Powered By Blogger

viernes, 20 de abril de 2012

Adrian Mole is damn funny!

 I discovered Sue Towsend's Adrian Mole when I was 15 and studying English on my own at The British Council in Bucharest.
The first diary I thought was brilliant. So through the years I read and collected all her books.
Sue Townsend has that typical British humor that one'd think is contagious.

Now I am reading her latest book "The woman who went to bed for an year", is not about Adrian though, but it is funny, satirical and deep.
I love reading Towsend's novels! Everyone should!
 
 
“I don't know why women are so mad about flowers. Personally, they leave me cold. I prefer trees.”
Sue Townsend, The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole 
 
"You may be wondering why I, Adrian Mole, a provincial intellectual working in a library and Sharon Botts, a provincial dullard, working in a laundry are having a relationship. The answer is, sex. I have grown to be rather keen on it and find it difficult to stop doing it now I've started." (A.Mole)
 
“Adrian Mole's father was so angry that so many pepole got divorced nowadays. HE had been unhappilly married for 30 years, why should everybody else get away?”
Sue Townsend
 
“Now I know I am an intellectual. I saw Malcolm Muggeridge on the television last night, and I understood nearly every word. It all adds up. A bad home, poor diet, not liking punk. I think I will join the library and see what happens.”
Sue Townsend

“There's only one thing more boring than listening to other people's dreams, and that's listening to their problems.”
Sue Townsend, The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 3/4

"I occasionally glance through my early diaries and mourn for my lost innocence, for at the age of thirteen and three quarters, I thought it was sufficient to just have a life. I honestly didn't know that you can't just have a life. You have to have a lifestyle." (A.Mole)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario